Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Put A Smile on Your Face #12

Video:
Here's a moving speech by Lupita Nyong'o about her life, beauty and the color of her skin. It's very moving and hopefully eye-opening for girls who are insecure about their body or the color of their skin. What a role model!!

Vidéo:
Voici un discours émouvant sur la vie de cette actrice noire, Lupita Nyong'o qui parle de la beauté et sa couleur de peau. C'est très émouvant et j'espère que c'est aussi inspirant pour les filles qui sont complexées par leurs corps ou la couleur de leur peau. Quel exemple!!

Life:
This picture is the beautiful bouquet my parents gave me after my dance recital. I remember when I was younger, instead of flowers, I asked for a "bouquet" of Twizzlers. You understand the priorities of a ten year old girl. :)

Ma Vie: 
Cette photo est du magnifique bouquet que mes parents m'ont offert après mon récital de danse. Je me souviens quand j'étais plus jeune, au lieu d'un bouquet de fleurs, je demandais un "bouquet" de bonbons Twizzlers. Vous comprenez les prioritées d'une fille âgée de dix ans. :)



~Emma

6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely bunch of flowers Emma. Thx for sharing.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is such a great post! very inspiring :) I love when bloggers communicate beautiful messages like this one.
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi dear Im inviting you to join my giveaway in collaboration with HiCustom just check it out here: http://anotsosecretlife2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww that's so sweet of your parents! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Louisa
    LA PASSION VOUTEE
    http://lapassionvoutee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear!!! great post,really love flowers!!! thanks for sharing with us!!! do you want to follow each other via bloglovin and gfc? please let me know...
    kisses xxxx

    http://pearlsandrosesdiary.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like so much fun - particularly loving the sparklers and the sunscreen makeover ;) xo

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment and will check out your blog.

You want to chat? Email me at petite.maison.of.fashion@gmail.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...